Monday, January 10, 2011

A Bad Influence

As a proud aunt who once taught the kiddies how to body surf the front staircase, I was keen to continue my tradition as A Bad Influence on the weekend. A young friend was having a birthday, and I had promised lessons in chocolate making. The addition of ice cream lessons has cemented my status.

We started with a chocolate base and a vanilla base and turned them into custom treats: chocolate with crushed almond crisp and dulce de leche, and vanilla with crushed oreos and Hershey chocolate syrup.




Not bad for a couple of amateurs!

By the time we finished licking various spoons, fingers, arms and other bits, the chocolate was melted and ready for some creative use.


My cashew butter cups were a good start, but I was soon left in the dust as I watched the little show-off churn out an impressive selection of suckers, frogs, turtles and ladybugs. 


Another chocovore is born! Clearly, my work here is done.



1 comment:

  1. I'll try this again. I've never been given the option to comment, and now suddenly, there's an option.

    Anyhoo, you've been clearly outdone. What's next?

    ReplyDelete