Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just Shoot Me Now

Preferably with whipped cream.

I know when I'm beat. And I'm beat.

Oh, yeah, the bike's had some use, and will have more. But I'm tripping over Gelato everywhere I go.

There's an authentic-looking Gelato place mid-town, as I discovered when I had an errand around the corner. I kinda knew it was there but had never been in before. I thought I could continue to avoid the place with a clever system of left turns and a well-placed visor but in the end there was nowhere else to park - and this was too tempting!

Unfortunately, they have a selection of handy styrofoam take-out containers. 


The rather steep price includes gift wrapping.  Not necessary, my friends - you had me at 'ciao.'

I chose a nostaligic selection of hazelnut, dark chocolate and strawberry. The hazelnut was best and all were very good, although the strawberry will be better when they are in season.


I thought I could avoid future temptation simply by staying away from il gelatiere, but even the grocery stores aren't safe. Seems every one I visit is stocking Gelato Fresco now, which used to be pretty hard to find. They have some amazing flavours, including a really good hazelnut, a killer chocolate raspberry, and a Devil's Chocolate that lives up to its name. Arrghhh!

This is not going to end well! Nom nom nom nom nom...

No comments:

Post a Comment